Michael Hicks is a partner and chairman of the firm’s management group. He focuses his practice in the areas of business and commercial law with an emphasis on representation of financial institutions. He has represented clients on complex loan documentation, loan workouts, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, wind energy leases and real estate.
Michael graduated with honors from Angelo State University and went on to receive his J.D. with highest honors from Texas Tech University School of Law. He was also a distinguished recipient of the Order of the Coif.
- Texas (1995)
U.S. District Courts
- Eastern District of Texas (1995)
- Western District of Texas (1997)
- Northern District of Texas (1997)
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Member of Lubbock Planning & Zoning Commission (2012 – Present )
- Board of Directors of Lubbock Habitat for Humanity
- Pacesetter, United Way of Lubbock
- Cattle Baron’s Ball Co-Chairman of Auctions
- Leadership Lubbock